Coconut oil provides a gentle medium for cleansing your skin and removing makeup in the evening. I suggest the double cleansing method with coconut oil for an evening cleansing ritual, unless you forget to remove your makeup before going to bed! Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your palms until it melts into a liquid form, dash over your skin to remove eye makeup and foundation.
Cleanse with a muslin or washcloth and then follow with your normal cleanser. Korean skincare rituals suggest a double-step cleansing method with a cleansing oil and then foam cleanser, and this method gives you another option with coconut oil as a substitute. I enjoy the coconut oil for its purity and gentleness on sensitive skin, not to mention the incredibly lower cost compared to cleansing oils.
Hint: you can also make a simple bath with coconut oil!
1 tablespoon clover honey
2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
1 pinch of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of liquid hand soap
1. Melt the raw coconut oil on the stove or microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Spoon in the tablespoon of honey and stir it together.
3. Dash the concoction with a pinch of bourbon vanilla for flavor!
4. Pour in 1/2 cup of liquid soap in any scent, like Aloe Vera.
5. Steep some warm water with 1/2 lemon juice and another teaspoon of clover honey.
6. Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil in your palms and apply to your hair for 20 minutes.
7. Enjoy your luxuriously simple at home bath!